Mary & Main to partner with Minorities for Medical Marijuana and Vireo Health to host free expungement event with Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Aisha Braveboy and Maryland State Delegate Darryl Barnes (District 25)
WHAT: Mary & Main, Vireo Health, and Minorities for Medical Marijuana are hosting a free event that will help those with cannabis convictions clear their criminal records. Ten local attorneys will be on-site to offer personalized advice to those who have been affected by cannabis-related criminal charges. The event hopes to reduce the harm caused by the ineffective, so-called “War on Drugs” and help more people of color to gain meaningful employment within the cannabis industry. In attendance to offer their support will be Aisha Braveboy, State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County and Delegate Darryl Barnes, chairman of the Maryland Legislative Black Caucus.
Interested persons can register at www.m4mmunited.org and must bring their case information and court records with them on the day of the event. You must register in advance.
WHERE: Mary & Main Cannabis Dispensary, 8801 Hampton Mall Drive North, Capitol Heights, MD 20743; More info at: https://maryandmain.com/
WHEN: Saturday, September 26, 2020 from 11:00am ET to 5:00pm ET.
WHO: Any person with a cannabis conviction looking for advice on how to clear their criminal record should attend the free event. You must not be in violation of your probation or parole. Ten Maryland attorneys will be on-site to meet privately with attendees and provide free guidance on how to work towards clearing their records of cannabis-related charges in accordance with Maryland state laws.
- Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Aisha Braveboy
- Maryland State Delegate Darryl Barnes
- The event is hosted by Mary & Main, a minority- and female-owned medical cannabis dispensary.
- Minorities for Medical Marijuana, a national non-profit with 27 state chapters that is focused on providing advocacy, outreach, research, and training as it relates to the business, social reform, public policy, and health /wellness in the cannabis industry.
- The event is co-hosted and sponsored by Vireo Health and their leading brand 1937 Cannabis. 1937 refers to the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, which made cannabis illegal and started the terrible, ineffective “War on Drugs”. The brand promotes, sponsors, and exhibits at many diversity related events nationwide. For information please visit: www.1937cannabis.com.