Cannabis is all the rage right now, with lots of new methods of smoking, tinctures, and more being introduced on the market. Vaping cannabis is gaining in popularity now, too, with some possible alternatives to smoking tobacco. Many people want to learn how to use a vape cartridge, a pre-filled vape pen, or medical marijuana cartridges. The basics of using a pre-filled cannabis vape cartridge might help people decide if this way of using cannabis is the best fit.
Learn the Ropes
Cannabis vape cartridges come pre-filled with cannabis extract oil. Inhaling cannabis vapor comes from heated oil in the cartridge. This mist is inhaled into the lungs, producing the desired effects. The small cartridge can fit in a person’s purse, bag, or pocket. Three parts of the cannabis cartridge make up the mechanisms for vaping:
- Mouthpiece where the vapor is drawn in
- A chamber that contains pre-filled cannabis oil
- The atomizer that heats the cannabis oil and makes it ready or inhalation
Rechargeable batteries go into the cartridge as well as disposable ones. This keeps the cartridge disseminating vapor.
When looking at the best cartridges in 2022, it helps to know what type of cartridges to look for and how they give you the flavor and feel you desire. Here are some types to check out:
Types of Cartridges
Getting familiar with the types of cartridges available on the market can help people make more informed choices. Here are just a few vape cartridge types to check out:
- Cartridge or disposable: most come with a 510 thread that a battery screws into. Some vape pens are disposable with a pre-charged battery that lasts until the cartridge is empty. No charging necessary and is disposed of after use. Cost may be higher for this type
- CO2 oil: some high-grade winterized CO2 oils are compatible with vaporizer cartridges since they need no additives. They retain moderate amounts of plant-based terpenes, which in the oil and give it a certain flavor
- Terpene infusions: this may help lower viscosity of cannabis oil including flavor and aroma. They can add aromatics to the experience and influence how cannabinoids interact with the body
- Indica, Sativa, and hybrid are offered that may alter the experience for each person
- Full-spectrum vape cartridges that include the use of bioavailable molecules from one particular cannabis strain. The effects tend to be greater but with a higher price point
- Social Vape cartridges: bargain-priced cartridges for people to use daily but still high quality. Social Vapes are made from the premium distillate, enhanced with additional cannabinoids, and have naturally derived terpenes. This results in an affordable and delicious option balanced out with a full spectrum of product
Using a 510 Thread Prefilled THC Cartridge
A pen battery for vaping is going to help people who use CBD oil cartridges or vape THC oil. The majority of modern 410 thread vapes are suited for oil cartridge vapers with a larger battery capacity. A 510 threaded pen and cartridge are called this due to measurements that connect the vape battery to the THC cartridge. It’s a vape pen battery. Some popular styles currently on the market:
- Vessel wood series featuring a 240 mAh battery with three power levels. Can be charged via a magnetic USB cable or an optional docking station
- The vessel compass is lightweight but powerful. With 3 settings, it is powered by a 550 mAh internal battery. It provides airflow while also keeping the cartridges safe
- Linx Hypnos batteries are compatible with most 510 oil cartridges. Features 650 mAh internal battery. Available in different styles it resembles a traditional
How long the vape cartridge lasts depends on the rate of consumption, type of cannabis vaped, and many other things. Find out about use and how to make the most of the experience of using a vape cartridge.
What is Hashish Oil Vape
Hash oil is made from concentrated cannabis extract. Consumers can smoke, vape, eat or even rub it into the skin. Sometimes hash oil use is referred to as ‘dabbing’ or ‘burning.’ Hash oil contains THC but is more potent than marijuana, containing up to 90 percent. Some of the benefits of using hash oil include:
- Treat nausea symptoms
- Help with inflammation
- Chronic pain support
- Help with cancer treatment
Hashish oil tends to be stronger and more potent so some people like it and others prefer a more subdued experience. Speak to a budtender to get more information on what method of use may be right for you.
Why it Works
Function and portability are just a few of the benefits of cannabis vaping. Preloaded cannabis oil vape cartridges are easy for on-the-go use. Vape cartridges:
- Easy to use without cleanup after
- Include minimalist design for discreet use
- Come preloaded for a controlled dose with each inhalation for people concerned about dosage
- Offer various options for people who want more control of what and how much they consume
The duration of a vape cartridge depends on the rate of consumption, type of cannabis being vaped, and other things. Speak with a budtender about the use and how to make the most of the experience.
Mary and Main aims to help educate consumers on products and services they can access in Maryland.
Contact us to find out how we can help you select the best products for your situation.