Perhaps one benefit of using medical marijuana as a treatment option is choosing a preferred use of consumption. From smoking cannabis, eating an edible, or applying a topical solution, there is a sure to be a method that best suits you. Another way to consume cannabis is through taking a dab. Dabs are concentrated doses of cannabis that are made by extracting THC by using carbon dioxide, resulting in a sticky oil known as wax. Essentially, dabbing is vaporization of cannabis concentrates once applied to a hot surface and inhaled. Although dabbing is a rising trend in the cannabis world, it isn’t for everyone. The team at Mary and Main has provided a guideline to dabbing, and we are here to answer any questions you may have.
What tools are needed?
Dabbing technology is forever evolving, but the traditional setup includes the following items:
- Cannabis Extract. These may come in a variety of forms, but most commonly known as wax or shatter. The professional staff at your medical marijuana dispensary can help direct you towards the best cannabis extract option.
- Dab Rig. Similar to a water pipe, you will need a dab rig to inhale the vapor. A dab rig comes with the appropriate pieces needed to smoke the wax.
- Nail. A nail is what the wax is placed in once it is hot enough to vaporize. Some popular nails are made from ceramic, with titanium being the most popular.
- Torch. Torches are perfect for heating the nail to the appropriate temperature.
- Dabber. This is the tool used to apple the dab.
How much oil do I use to dab?
When deciding how much wax to use when dabbing, it’s important to consider the THC concentrate in the extract. When purchasing from a trusted medical marijuana dispensary, a staff member will guide you with measurement suggestions based on the concentrate. However, it is typically recommended to start with a small dose and increase in time.
How to Take a Dab
Mary and Main is a fully licensed and certified medical marijuana dispensary located in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Founded by doctors and experienced caregivers, Mary and Main provides safe, premium quality medical cannabis products with exemplary and compassionate service to all certified patients who are suffering from a number of chronic debilitating illnesses.
Consult with our staff professionals to determine the best opiate-free, addiction-free treatment plan for your needs.